The NHS faces one of the greatest challenges of delayed discharge of patients as there is no or insufficient home support to meet the daily essential needs when patients are ready to leave the hospital, resulting in patients remaining in the care of the NHS. This results to hospital beds being occupied, which becomes very costly for the NHS, also it restricts treatments for those that are more likely to need it. Healthy patients can also contract illnesses in hospitals such as flu or urinary tract infections. Delayed discharge has resulted in a difficult cycle which hospitals are finding difficult to overcome, despite all the hard work of the hospital staff and adult social services within the local authorities.
Secure healthcare is here to offer compassionate and efficient discharge services across the UK. We ensure that we take care of the patients' discharge when the healthcare professionals at the hospital have approved for the patient to be discharged. We make sure that the patient returns safely within their home or care home and ensure they receive the support and care required after they leave the hospital.
What is Secure Healthcare Solutions Fast Track Discharge Services?
Our discharge services ensure patients return to their homes or care homes safely, reducing the amount of time spent in the hospital and avoiding necessary delays. We provide after-care when released from the hospital to ensure patients receive adequate support.
- Create a post-discharge plan to suit individual patient needs.
- Arrange to accompany a patient home from the hospital or can arrange to meet the patient on arrival at home.
- We can provide further support to those that require it to settle back in, which could include helping with shopping for basic food and clothing essentials, ensuring the house is clean and tidy, supplying basic medicine if required. This is essential for patients that do not have much or any family support.
- Remain overnight or stay with the individual requiring care for a few days, or providing more intensive support if required.
- Check-in with the patient to ensure that they are receiving the sufficient care required.
- Whether you require a nurse, healthcare care assistant, or community support worker, we are here to provide this support.
- We operate 24/7 and our team can deal with any discharge inquiries.
- Agree with individual, family, or care manager about the extra support required when discharged from the hospital, short term, and long-term requirements to ensure that we are providing quality care.
- Communicate with GP’s, Nurses, and hospital professionals about the support the individual patient will require to prevent the patient from being readmitted.
The NHS provides further information about arranging care before leaving the hospital. Click here to find out more.
Secure healthcare solutions are here to support those that require discharge services across the Midlands and Staffordshire, areas including Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Stafford, Stoke, Coventry, Cheshire, Shropshire, Worcester, and much more.
Speak to us today to see how we can support patients with discharge services. Email us at email@example.com or call us on 01902 302 017 to discuss how we can support you to provide the best possible care and support.